Teman

Hi, I'm Saori: Episodes 1-2 Quick Recap


Tuesday 13 November 2018

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
Amidst the rising number of dramas about robots, Hi, I'm Saori 我的保姆手册 is the first one I'm watching and it isn't as scientific as I expected. Saori (Zheng Shuang) takes on a very human-like character especially with her cat ear bonnets, which I find 100% adorable. 

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
A game of love. It's the year 2046 and AI robots receive a new functionality with the new "love" chip. Ecstatic to test it out, Saori travels back to 2018 to fall in love with actor Su Dahao (God Itthipat Thanit) as part of a game. Saori finishes first in a contest to become Dahao's personal assistant. Dahao doesn't like strangers so she gets the job on the condition that she can work inconspicuously in the house but must never appear in front of him.

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
Saori to the rescue. When Dahao's other assistant, Wei Lai, leaves his suit at home, they call Saori, expecting her to bring it to them in about thirty minutes. Saori uses her robotic abilities to bring it in in less than 10 minutes. She is reminded by her friend from the future that when she uses her abilities, she meddles with the time space continuum which could screw up her chances to go back. 

On her way back home after the delivery, Saori sees Dahao being cornered by reporters who accuse him of endorsing faulty products. Saori reviews the CCTV telepathically to expose the ploy and saves the day. As the shady reporter runs away, he bumps into Saori and she falls into Dahao's arms. These two look really sweet.

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
A nanny, a robot, a dressmaker... all-in-one. Dahao is on his way to celebrity night when Wei Lai calls and tells him that his suit was ruined at the dry cleaners. Cameras catch Dahao getting into the car wearing his pajamas but as he gets off the car and steps on the red carpet, surprise! He's all ready for a formal event in a snazzy white suit. Turns out Saori fixed him up to save the day once again. 

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
An additional family member. Dahao's cousin, Su Xiaobei (Yu Yijie), returns home from abroad to ask Dahao to fund his project -- the AI robot. Could it be that he is the inventor of Saori and the rest of her world?

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
The character we'll likely come to despise. When Su Feier arrives on the set for filming, none of the costumes that the wardrobe crew have on hand catch her eye and she threatens to leave and end her contract. Saori passes by and easily fixes the costume to suit Feier's taste. Feier is a satisfied customer and she asks Saori to be her secretary. Saori rejects on the spot, saying she already has a boss.

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap

Hi! I'm Saori Episode 1-2 Quick Recap
The naive man. Dahao has been casted in a new project as the leading man while his archenemy, Gao Ming, has been chosen as the second lead. Gao Ming's secretary intentionally provides the wrong schedule and script to Dahao to get him in troubleClueless about what was going on, Dahao starts memorizing the incomplete script. Saori figures out what's happening and sends Dahao a text message with the missing lines. 

I'm disappointed at how dense of a character Dahao is turning out to be. He never realizes that someone was toying with him and simply thinks that the missing lines were the result of a script change before the shoot. Saori is saving the day over and over again, I hope it doesn't get old. 




0 comments: